One of the design goals of SearchMash was to work in a lot of different browsers, which is why I tried to avoid using browser-specific technology.
Since most of the world uses a PC, making sure that SearchMash works on Firefox and Internet Explorer was a priority. I only have one machine with Windows XP available, but I’ve been able to make sure it runs on IE 6 and 7, and on Firefox 1.5.
I’ve done no Linux testing, because I don’t have a system set up to run it. I didn’t hit any big differences between Firefox on the Mac and Windows, so I’m hopeful it will just work on Linux/Firefox too.
- Internet Explorer 6.0 (Windows)
- Internet Explorer 7.0 (Windows)
- Safari 2.0 (OS X)
- Firefox 1.5 (Windows and OS X)
- Internet Explorer 5.0 (Windows)
- Opera (Windows)
- No Linux testing has been done
Tested, but not working
- Internet Explorer 5.1 (OS X)
- Opera (OS X)